Ergonomic pipets (View forum version)

iyengarr

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

Does anyone have recommendations on ergonomic pipets? I am looking to replace outdated pipets with something ergonomic for the lab's increasing repetitive pipetting tasks. So far, I am considering VistaLab's Ovation pipets and Rainin's ergonomic models. Any others worth looking into? Also, is it worth spending the extra money for electronic vs. manual? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

bob1

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

I quite like Capp pipettes. Electronic is fine, but battery life can be a problem. It might be a good idea to get a retailer representative to give you some to try.

gebirgsziege

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

Personally I do not like electronic pipetts, always had technincal problems after a short time. Personally I perefer Gilson-style pipetts, they are very robust and reliable.
For repeptitive tasks we have some multi-stepper pipetts in the lab, they are very useful and good to handle (here also the electronic ones that have a real point because you can use every volume; but still I prefer the manual ones).

But you really should ask companies if they can give you a try, so you will find the best pipetts for your lab.

jolasjolas

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

I used this http://www.lhp-labor...lhppipettes.pdf
It was the only pipette that I used that did not cause me pains.

bob1

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

Did you happen to notice that the last post in this thread was over 8 months ago?

pito

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Did you happen to notice that the last post in this thread was over 8 months ago?

If you check his posts, its obvious that he is working for LHP....

He made 4 posts, all about LHP and 3 of the 4 posts are posts saying LHP pipettes are the best...

bob1

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

yeah, I saw that later.