• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

pito's Content

There have been 7 items by pito (Search limited from 20-November 18)

Sort by                Order  

#181951 Difference between synzymes and abzymes?

Posted by pito on 15 August 2019 - 01:35 PM in General Biology Discussion

What is the prospect and application of abzymes? and what's the difference between synzymes and abzymes? 

I guess you must know the answer to that question as it seems you are from that website/shop....

#181881 what is mean by Mock cell?

Posted by pito on 18 June 2019 - 08:48 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

hey please, someone explain the exact meaning or definition of Mock cell?

In which context?
Usually it is a negative control.

Like cells you treat the same but without "inserting/injecting" the drug (for example)

#181818 Question regarding picture

Posted by pito on 01 May 2019 - 01:21 AM in General Lab Techniques

I agree a pub ought to have some details in Methods if it is not obvious. If this is from a recent pub try contacting the corresponding author and make a polite inquiry into how they did it. I assume there isn't any on-line supplemental material with more details.

I have seen this pictures several times (both old or new papers) and it is never stated how they are made.

Not just with this type of pictures, but with others as well, it is often a mystery of they were made.

#181797 Question regarding picture

Posted by pito on 17 April 2019 - 11:57 AM in General Lab Techniques

I would say stereo microscope with camera attachment. I think you would need a dark-field or possibly DIC (how this would work with agar is another question...) set-up to get this to work clearly, but it may be that just plain transmitted light would work. 

I suspect that they grew the colonies on thin agar layers on slides or something similar to help the light transmission through the agar.

Yeah,was thinking something similar.

Very annoying they never mention the details on how they made the pictures. 

#181795 Question regarding picture

Posted by pito on 17 April 2019 - 10:51 AM in General Lab Techniques

Hello all,

anyone an idea what the best option would be to make pictures like shown in the attachment?

It says 2x magnification and it seems the cells are just grown on agar plates... but can't seem to figure out how to take a picture like this.

Would this picture be taken with a simple stereo microscope and with a camera a picture taken through the lens?

But it seems weird to keep the cells just on agar plates and then take a picture like this with just a 2x magnification.

thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• F3.large.jpg
  • F2.large-2.jpg

#181780 Balancing centrifuge

Posted by pito on 03 April 2019 - 04:22 AM in General Lab Techniques

Hello,

I received an email with some odd ways to balance centrifuges and while I was able to figure out most in no time, this one is a harder one.

See here; https://ibb.co/YXvGSFw

or attachment.

I am most likely missing a simple clue here, but just couldnt wrap my head around it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 7TUBES.jpg

#181775 Is there any busy forum with experts?

Posted by pito on 30 March 2019 - 01:14 PM in Chit Chat

Yes... this one!. Research gate is another commonly used one.

It has gotten pretty calm here .... 

On top of that there were huge problems with registering to this forum in the past. I do hope they at least fixed this issue.

But I noticed several members who used to post a lot are gone as well. I wonder why they left.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.