• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

p.blaze53's Content

There have been 13 items by p.blaze53 (Search limited from 23-February 18)

Sort by                Order  

#177495 Compare four groups (which statistical test to use)

Posted by p.blaze53 on 11 January 2016 - 07:35 AM in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics

Hi everyone!

I created four groups according to two variables (frequency and positivity), but I do not know wich statistical test should I use to test the significance between groups? Does anyone have an idea? I think ANOVA would be fine, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

#177355 10 Megapixel Microscope, is it true?

Posted by p.blaze53 on 08 December 2015 - 11:38 PM in Histology and Pathology

Thank you for your fast answer, I'll check their homepage.

#177351 10 Megapixel Microscope, is it true?

Posted by p.blaze53 on 08 December 2015 - 07:03 AM in Histology and Pathology

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a new microscope and I've found one on ebay with exellent features:

http://www.ebay.com/...VUAAOSw7FRWYhyu

I wanna use it for histology and study.

What do you think about its price? Is it too cheap to be good? Has anybody used it before?

#177324 How to construct a haplotype/group tree?

Posted by p.blaze53 on 03 December 2015 - 07:39 AM in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics

Hey all!

I wanna contruct a haplotype tree like these . I've already tried MEGA, TreeView, DendroScope, Geneious but I could create this type of tree. Can anyone suggest an appropriate software or online tools. It is important to assign polymorphic sites on the tree. haplogroup-h-later.jpg

#177287 Metylation analysis by Epitect II Methyl RT-PCR assay

Posted by p.blaze53 on 30 November 2015 - 03:03 AM in PCR, RT-PCR and Real-Time PCR

Does anyone have experience with Epitect II Methyl RT-PCR assays? What is the opinion about it?

#176859 List of scientific journals by topic

Posted by p.blaze53 on 05 October 2015 - 05:42 AM in Dissertation and Paper Writing

Thanks a lot!

#176854 List of scientific journals by topic

Posted by p.blaze53 on 04 October 2015 - 10:53 PM in Dissertation and Paper Writing

Hey everyone!

I'd like to submit my paper soon and I was wondering wether there are any database or other webpage where I can list journals acccording to my subject. Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance!

#176843 DNA extraction from FFPE tissue

Posted by p.blaze53 on 02 October 2015 - 04:08 AM in Molecular Biology

Hi everyone!

I've started DNA extraction from FFPE tissue and I've got low contcentration. I used QIAamp FFPE DNA Tissue Kit, tried it with 5 x 8um  &  5 x 6um sections and treat with xylen two times as well, but I couldn't get more DNA.

Does anybody have any idea, how I can increase the amount of DNA?

#176824 Calculate DNA amount

Posted by p.blaze53 on 29 September 2015 - 11:30 PM in Molecular Biology

I’d like prepare a reaction mix (total volume: 120 uL) containing 250 ng genomic DNA. The DNA concentration of my sample is 51 ng/uL in 65 uL RNAse free water. Does it mean I have to add  4.9 uL from my sample to the reaction?

51 ng DNA -> 1 uL

250 ng DNA -> ? uL

250/51 = 4.9 uL

Is my calculation correct? 

#176823 Using qPCR machine for simple PCR, is it possible?

Posted by p.blaze53 on 29 September 2015 - 10:06 PM in PCR, RT-PCR and Real-Time PCR

Thank you for your useful answer!

#176807 Using qPCR machine for simple PCR, is it possible?

Posted by p.blaze53 on 29 September 2015 - 12:22 AM in PCR, RT-PCR and Real-Time PCR

Hi everyone! We've got only a qPCR machine in our lab, but I need to do a simple PCR. Maybe it is a stupid question, but I haven't got a clean answer yet.

#173411 Mutation rate

Posted by p.blaze53 on 17 February 2015 - 04:15 AM in Genetics and Genomics

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about the meaning of mutation rate. Can anybody explain, what does for example a 1.2800 mutation rate exactly mean? What are the main differencies between mutation rate and frequency?

#173394 Determination of the lower limit positivity

Posted by p.blaze53 on 16 February 2015 - 06:27 AM in Histology and Pathology

Hi! I am new in biostatistics, and I have a question. I ’m analyzing immunohistochemical expression of a protein in different samples. For example, the 56% of cells were positive in Case1, 65% of cells were positive in Case2 and so on. My problem is that I don’t know how to determine the lower limit of the positivity (or threshold) of the analyzed protein in my experiment? What is lower limit when I could say this case is positive yet or negative below that value? Anybody has an idea?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.