• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

gabamaria's Content

There have been 2 items by gabamaria (Search limited from 24-September 19)

Sort by                Order  

#67581 Tranfection cell density and overgrowth

Posted by gabamaria on 21 April 2010 - 03:59 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

hi,

Lipofectamine transfection needs a high confluency of the cells, because it is a big stress for the cells, so you will for sure see some cells dying after 24h, but the strongest cells will grow and divide.
just follow the instructions and see what happens.

good luck :D

Marie

#67580 Liver cancer cell transfection via lipofectamine

Posted by gabamaria on 21 April 2010 - 03:54 AM in Tissue and Cell Culture

hi,

Recently I am doing transfection on liver cancer cells via Lipofectamine reagent. Since liver cancer cells is not easy to do transfection, may I know is there anyone succesful transfect liver cancer cells via lipofectamine and with what condition?

I understand that lipofectamine will be toxic to cell and I did play again with the concentration of lipofectamine and concentration of DNA in transfection. But it din show a very good result, may I get some consult?

THank you very much
good day

:D

hi Im choo,

actually I was working before with immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) and i performed always Ca-Phosphate transfection, and it worked pretty well.
i can send you my protocol if you want, it was an optimized one, from nature protocols. I performed this with cDNA expressing GABA receptors, and the cells were fine after transfection. immunofluorescence was perfomed then to see the expression of this receptor and we had nice pictures.

best regards,

Marie

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.