• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

luukasz4's Content

There have been 3 items by luukasz4 (Search limited from 19-October 18)

Sort by                Order  

#65507 miRNA expression

Posted by luukasz4 on 06 April 2010 - 04:33 AM in siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

Some information and hints you can find here:
http://www.microrna..../getExprForm.do

and here:

http://mirnamap.mbc....tml/search.html

#64260 Problem with validation of the miRNA binding site in 3' UTR reporter

Posted by luukasz4 on 26 March 2010 - 12:08 AM in siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

No, in this case i did not transfected cells with miRNA or miRNA constructs. I just transfected 293T cells with my 3'UTR luciferase construct and it was repressed through endogenous miRNAs. It seems therefore, that in my recent experimetns additional repressors occurs. But how, when previously mutation of the sites for this only one miRNA in my 3'UTR construct cause clear de repression?

#64148 Problem with validation of the miRNA binding site in 3' UTR reporter

Posted by luukasz4 on 25 March 2010 - 08:35 AM in siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

Hello Everybody

I have one problem with my luciferase assay concerning validation of the miRNA binding sites in the 3' UTR of the gene. I hypothesised, that one miRNA type repress translation of my gene through binding to its 3' UTR. Therefore, i made a construct with this gene 3' UTR cloned after the Firefly luciferase gene. After transfection in 293T cells I found indeed repression, when compared with positive control (construct without 3' UTR sequence). Then i have mutated all 4 known (according to TargetScan) sites for this miRNA in the construct. Luciferase assay indeed indicate significant de-repression (around 30-40 %) and this result was repeated several times. However, since few week i do not see any derepression for this mutated construct anymore! All conditions, constructs, reagents are the same. Could it be that that the cells have changed themselves so much. Or, what could be the reason? Do You have similar experience?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.