• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

yp41's Content

There have been 3 items by yp41 (Search limited from 21-September 19)

Sort by                Order  

#161977 SAOS.2 Cell detachment without using Trypsin.

Posted by yp41 on 01 November 2013 - 06:51 AM in Cell Biology

Hi, I am trying to detach cells from a 24-well plate for analysis by atomic absorption where I will be looking for Calcium in the samples. For this reason I must ensure that I minimize the amount of external Calcium added to my samples. I have been trying to detach the cells using concentration HCl however this does not seem to be working. Any other suggestions?

#161866 gamma-H2AX or 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine?

Posted by yp41 on 29 October 2013 - 11:36 PM in Genetics and Genomics

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I will be inducing damage using radiation and will then study the effect of a particular compound on DNA repair so I'd like a way of quantifying, to some degree, how much damage has actually taken place.

#161823 gamma-H2AX or 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine?

Posted by yp41 on 29 October 2013 - 05:55 AM in Genetics and Genomics

Hi, I am in the process of setting up a series of experiments intended to study human double strand break repair by homologous recombination and am looking for a marker which I can use in western blot.

After doing some reading I came to the conclusion that it would be best to use gamma-H2AX however I have since been told to use 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine. I am quite new all of this and was wondering if anyone could help by suggesting which of the two would be best to use or if there is another marker besides these two.

Thank you very much. 

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.