SNPs identification - SNPs identification (Apr/25/2007 )
can anybody tell me the methodology for identifying SNPs
well, a short summary would be>
1. identifying a qtl for a trait of interest from a genome scan.
2. selection of a candidate gene/genes.
3. database analysis of the known genomic organisation of the candidate gene in other species.
4. designing primers for the known sequence (and here you have to decide depending on what you want if you will amplify coding regions or also introns).
5. sequencing of the pcr product for gene verification.
6. amplifying pooled gDNA to check for polymorphisms.
then you can design PCR-RFLP for further analysis of population, more quantitative analaysis of the results you got....
hope this helps