Open a new job:Private Equity Principal, Asia (Based in China) - new opportunity (Aug/09/2009 )
We are looking for a Private Equity/VC Investment talent with many investment experiences in China who is trained from a reputable University in Life Sciences related subject.
If you have interests, pls contact with me,tks
Title: Private Equity Principal, Asia (Based in China)
Reports to: Asia Managing Directors
This individual will manage ou client’s activity in China, including sourcing and leading deals, establishing the firm’s presence and recruiting additional professionals based in China. Additional responsibilities include assisting with investments in other parts of Asia, interacting constructively with it’s U.S.-based team of nearly 30 investment professionals, and marketing meetings with investors. This role is central to our client’s expansion in Asia.
The candidate must have the following qualifications:
• Ideally of Chinese origin and has lived in China for a significant period of time. Should be fluent in both English and Chinese and familiar with the Chinese culture.
• 5+ years of experience in the life sciences industry.
• Has at least a B.S. and preferably an advanced degree in biology or a related scientific discipline.
• Well-connected in the Chinese life sciences community; capable of bringing high quality China-centric investment deal flow.
• Demonstrated outstanding track record in previous career.
• Ideally, venture capital deal experience, including having led deals through the entire investment process.
Additional “soft qualities” we are looking for in the candidate:
• Passionate about Asia’s life sciences industry and its future significance in the global landscape.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Enjoy building something great from scratch.
• Independent thinker: Not afraid of being the first or different from other people.
• Proactive: Able to anticipate what is needed for success and identify issues and problems ahead of the time; can take the initiatives to find solutions and resources to solve the problems.
• Positive attitude: Focused on what can be done regardless of impediments or obstacles.
• Team player: Able to work effectively with other company’s Asia team members.