Protocol Online logo
Top : New Forum Archives (2009-): : Lab Jokes

An universal remedy - or cure-all (Sep/26/2010 )

Have a look: Alviso’s Medicinal All-Salt
:D

-hobglobin-

Tell me this is a joke? I've just looked at the website and it looks like they are actually selling this stuff??

-leelee-

leelee on Tue Sep 28 02:28:48 2010 said:


Tell me this is a joke? I've just looked at the website and it looks like they are actually selling this stuff??


People buy anything if they think it works.. Any idea how many "gangsters" are out there selling crap to people...

-pito-

Actually I think it's meant more as parody (on abuse/misuse of pharmaceutics in the US) and also wants to point out the pollution of water with pharmaceuticals (a problem that is in spite of wastewater treatment not solved).
I'm not sure if you really can buy it.... ;)

-hobglobin-

hobglobin on Thu Feb 10 15:27:12 2011 said:


Actually I think it's meant more as parody (on abuse/misuse of pharmaceutics in the US) and also wants to point out the pollution of water with pharmaceuticals (a problem that is in spite of wastewater treatment not solved).
I'm not sure if you really can buy it.... ;)

Could be, havent really checked it in detail.. just wanted to point out that there are a lot of idiots out there selling all kinds of crap.

-pito-

pito on Thu Feb 10 15:51:26 2011 said:


hobglobin on Thu Feb 10 15:27:12 2011 said:


Actually I think it's meant more as parody (on abuse/misuse of pharmaceutics in the US) and also wants to point out the pollution of water with pharmaceuticals (a problem that is in spite of wastewater treatment not solved).
I'm not sure if you really can buy it.... ;)

Could be, havent really checked it in detail.. just wanted to point out that there are a lot of idiots out there selling all kinds of crap.

and if you wanna find out more about all the crap flying around, you can check out Ben Goldacre's Bad Science...the forum is quite good too....

-casandra-

It also reminds me of "a case" a year ago or maybe 2 years ago here in europe where someone was selling "air" ... A lot of people bought bottles of this person selling "clean air".

I really never understood why people bought it... :blink:

and the thing is: 90% of them knew they were buying nothing more then a bottle with air in it...

-pito-