Enzyme activity Unit conversion - (Aug/09/2013 )
I am facing a problem. please help me out. its really very urgent my guide is going to kill me if i dont get the answer.
I have calculated the activity of my enzyme in U/ml. now the questions for which i seek the answers are
1. Is their any difference between U/ml and IU/ml? if their is how can i convert U/ml to IU/ml
2. how to convert the activity from U/ml to U/g?
3. can anyone tell me the formula to calculate the enzyme activity of cellulase from CMCase assay. their are too many formulas i am a lil confused as to use which one?
PLZZZZ PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help its very urgent
1. iu are international units and are specifically defined for each enzyme (or class of enzymes). your unit definition may be iu or not. to convert you must find out the definition for your enzyme. you can check this page in the worthington online catalog.
2. in order to convert u/ml to u/g you have to determine how many grams you have per ml.
3. the procedure and calculations from this sigma page are pretty straightforward.