Protocol Online logo
Top : New Forum Archives (2009-): : Molecular Biology

Barcoding PCR products - (Dec/11/2012 )

Pages: Previous 1 2 

"short DNA barcodes (4 - 6 nt)", what is that barcode type? I never saw it before. Does it similar to other linear and 2D link removed like QR Code or Code 128?

No spamming links - bob.

-harkstatemen-

harkstatemen on Fri Jan 18 03:58:55 2013 said:


"short DNA barcodes (4 - 6 nt)", what is that barcode type? I never saw it before. Does it similar to other linear and 2D link removed like QR Code or Code 128?

Nothing to do with conventional barcoding -this is a biology forum.

-bob1-

bob1 on Fri Jan 18 07:59:32 2013 said:


harkstatemen on Fri Jan 18 03:58:55 2013 said:


"short DNA barcodes (4 - 6 nt)", what is that barcode type? I never saw it before. Does it similar to other linear and 2D and here too like QR Code or Code 128?

Nothing to do with conventional barcoding -this is a biology forum.

at least the idea is the same...you have a product/article/item or or a species or a DNA sequence for what you want a unique identifier. this can be in the first case an unique set of parallel lines varying in width and spacing (classical barcode, text from wikipedia) or a unique set of nucleotides specific for your aim.

-hobglobin-

hobglobin on Fri Jan 18 16:31:29 2013 said:


bob1 on Fri Jan 18 07:59:32 2013 said:


harkstatemen on Fri Jan 18 03:58:55 2013 said:


"short DNA barcodes (4 - 6 nt)", what is that barcode type? I never saw it before. Does it similar to other linear and 2D and here like QR Code or Code 128?

Nothing to do with conventional barcoding -this is a biology forum.

at least the idea is the same...you have a product/article/item or or a species or a DNA sequence for what you want a unique identifier. this can be in the first case an unique set of parallel lines varying in width and spacing (classical barcode, text from wikipedia) or a unique set of nucleotides specific for your aim.

True, however I suspect that Harkstatemen is actually a spammer, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

-bob1-

Just to update, I re ordered the primers, and it works fine. Possibly something wrong with the sequence of the earlier ones due to some error, somewhere. I didnt change any sequences coz I was sure about them, just re ordered from another company!

-GradMicro-

wow, so many good advice, I would rather take this Oh no - your link disappeared site.

No spamming links, thanks - bob.

-Tate-

Thanks again, but this is not the type of barcodes that are used in molecular biology...

-GradMicro-
Pages: Previous 1 2