an effective way to do a yeast colony pcr - (May/08/2012 )
Is any one know an effective way to do a yeast colony pcr because I have tried many but no results, so if you tried one and it worked fine with you can you provide me?
many thanks in advance
happily i just realized that i have all the info availabe from an abstract
<*>boiling in NaOH <1> or in cracking buffer,
<*>freeze-thawing in lysis buffer <2>
<*>or in the microwave oven <3>,
<*>SDS treatment <4>,
<*>heating in the microwave oven <5>,
<*>spheroplast preparation <6>,
<*>fast preparation of fungal DNA described by Liu et al. <7>
1. Wang, H., S.E. Kohalmi, and A.J. Cutler. Analytical Biochemistry, 1996. 237(1): p.
2. Harju, S., H. Fedosyuk, and K.R. Peterson. Bmc Biotechnology, 2004. 4.
3. The Murray Lab from: http://www.mcb.harvard.edu/murray/colony_pcr.html.
4. Akada, R., T. Murakane, and Y. Nishizawa. Biotechniques, 2000. 28(4): p. 668-+.
5. Lisby, M. from: www1.bio.ku.dk/english/research/fg/transkription/resources/protocols/colonypcr/.
6. Ling, M.F., F. Merante, and B.H. Robinson. Nucleic Acids Research, 1995. 23(23): p.
7. Liu, K.H., Y.L. Yeh, and W.C. Shen. Journal of Microbiological Methods, 2011.
85(2): p. 170-172.
thanks alot pDNA for response but I did not find the article link if you do have it would you give it to me, the point is I want a method that already somebody tried it already because there are many out there and I tried some and will try this one either.
many thanks again