Protocol Online logo
Top : New Forum Archives (2009-): : Research Idea, Design and Collaboration

lab application letter - (Mar/26/2011 )


I am PhD student of biotechnology, according to my educational program I can apply for 6-9 months of practical research to a foreign university and my university will pay my living costs , I am going to send emails but I just don't know if there is a common term of phrase for this kind of applications. what should I call this research period? is it a sabbatical leave or an internship or some thing else?
I would really appreciate any help in writing the request letter

best regards


It sounds like an internship... you would be best to talk to your PhD supervisor and/or advisory committee to see about suitable places for you to apply to and what is covered. They may be able to set you up with something so that you have a much easier time finding a place.