• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Flow cytometry CD14 staining very dim

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Henry Eub

Henry Eub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

I did CD14 staining on fresh Bone marrow cells for flow cytometry, I found it was very dim. neg and positive don't seperate very well, see the piture.

The antibody is FITC conjunct from ebioscience. I use 2ug for 100ul 1 x 10E6 cells, 10% rat serum blocking for 20 mins and then incubate with antibody for 30 mins at room temperature.

ANybody has any suggestions for the staining?

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture_1_Layer_1.jpg

Edited by Henry Eub, 27 August 2009 - 12:26 PM.

#2 miss montana

miss montana

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

Is your compensation OK? It can be difficult to distingusih between antibodies in FITC and PE, especially when one of them is dim if the compensation is off. Your staining protocol sounds fine, although I usually incubate for 30 minutes on ice or in the fridge.

I did CD14 staining on fresh Bone marrow cells for flow cytometry, I found it was very dim. neg and positive don't seperate very well, see the piture.

The antibody is FITC conjunct from ebioscience. I use 2ug for 100ul 1 x 10E6 cells, 10% rat serum blocking for 20 mins and then incubate with antibody for 30 mins at room temperature.

Thank you.

#3 grayhair

grayhair

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

What cells are staining? Lymphocyes?
CD14 is monocytic marker and CD15 is a granulocytic marker.

#4 Clare

Clare

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:11 AM

Yup - I agree with Miss Montana - your compensation may not be ok. Can you post us your FSC/SSC and dead cell stains showing us your gates?
Clare

Is your compensation OK? It can be difficult to distingusih between antibodies in FITC and PE, especially when one of them is dim if the compensation is off. Your staining protocol sounds fine, although I usually incubate for 30 minutes on ice or in the fridge.

Thank you.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.