• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

plasma in immunoflourescence

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vaccine

vaccine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:12 AM

Hi,

Has anyone ever used mouse plasma raised to their protein of interest as their primary antibody for staining cells for quick expression screening thru' immunofluorescence? If yes, do you dilute the plasma or use neat?

Thanks,
vaccine

#2 Carlton H

Carlton H

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

Has anyone ever used mouse plasma raised to their protein of interest as their primary antibody for staining cells for quick expression screening thru' immunofluorescence? If yes, do you dilute the plasma or use neat?

Thanks,
vaccine

I personally have never used plasma for staining but I've read papers where they have done it. The ranges of dilutions that I've seen range from 1:4 to over 1:100. I think 1:500 is the highest I've seen. I don't believe I ever read a protocol that called for using it neat.

Hope that helps.

-Carlton
NextAdvance
Reliable laboratory instruments for the life sciences, designed to enable you to work more effectively and increase productivity. Check us out!

If my answers help you, please take a moment to check out our site and see if any of our products would help you as well! Thanks!

#3 vaccine

vaccine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
vaccine

I personally have never used plasma for staining but I've read papers where they have done it. The ranges of dilutions that I've seen range from 1:4 to over 1:100. I think 1:500 is the highest I've seen. I don't believe I ever read a protocol that called for using it neat.

Hope that helps.

-Carlton

#4 vaccine

vaccine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
vaccine

Hope that helps.

-Carlton

Thank you

#5 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

I've used serum but not plasma. Always diluted.

#6 vaccine

vaccine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

I've used serum but not plasma. Always diluted.

I see. I will give it a go.

Thanks

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.