• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

multi well pippette tips-change or not

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bactin2

bactin2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

Hi All,
a small question but would like to get clarified,while using the multi well pippete for the wash steps in elisa,do i need to change the tips everytime,for eg in bethyl kit,they have recommended 5 times wash after each step,so do we need to change the pippette tips after each wash(96 wells x15-20 times totally for each elisa) or just use the same for all-samples and standards.how does everyone deal with it.

#2 leelee

leelee

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

the lab I used to work in put the wash buffer into a squirty bottle (sorry can't think of a proper name for it.....) and then just filled the wells and flicked 5x (or however many washes are required)

I wouldn't have thought you would need to change your tips, but then I haven't done an ELISA for ages and am definitely no expert

#3 K.B.

K.B.

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 174 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:41 AM

We have two multi-channel pipettes so we use one for samples, antibodies, substrate etc. - of course changing tips every time and for different samples, antibodies etc. Second pipette is for washing and we use one set of tips for all washings (in single ELISA experiment).

#4 little mouse

little mouse

Missele, the little mouse

• Active Members
  • 172 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

I agree with K.B.

#5 sgt4boston

sgt4boston

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 276 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

Use the squirt bottle but make sure you fill all wells and dump and blot well between washings.

Another better and quicker option is to find a 8 or 12 well manifold and connect it to a bottle top dispensor you can then fill all wells evenly.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.