• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Bit of fun.. whats the best retro videogame for you?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kami23

Kami23

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:54 AM

Hey all,

Last night I dug out a copy of Black and White, my all time favourite game! I was wondering if anyone else can help me not feel like so much of a nerd and talk about their favourites from a simpler time?

B

#2 Superman

Superman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:03 AM

Im a big gamer.

Classics on playstation were castlevania symphony of the night and metal gear solid.

I also play red alert 2 which is 9 years old now. Never played black or white though! Its all about the xbox 360 and call of duty these days though ;)

#3 fishdoc

fishdoc

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

A couple years back, I got an 8-bit NES off of Ebay. Pretty much got it to play Super Tecmo Bowl, Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 3. And have enjoyed it thoroughly.

#4 Dominic

Dominic

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

i'm currently replaying final fantasy 8

when i first got my ps2 i used to sell old games to buy new ones - ah well so many classics lost - i had to rebuy the ff7-9 - dumb luck i even found them

dom

#5 Kami23

Kami23

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

A couple years back, I got an 8-bit NES off of Ebay. Pretty much got it to play Super Tecmo Bowl, Super Mario Bros., and Super Mario Bros. 3. And have enjoyed it thoroughly.

Can you remember a game for the NES about dinosaurs? or cavemen or something... I seem to remember something like that in the foggy ressesses of my mind :S

Also I have a working SNES system and a commador 64 that now sadly wont play on my HD tv cos theres no arial socket (or there is and I cant find it... damn things bolted to the wall!)

#6 Kami23

Kami23

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:44 AM

Im a big gamer.

Classics on playstation were castlevania symphony of the night and metal gear solid.

I also play red alert 2 which is 9 years old now. Never played black or white though! Its all about the xbox 360 and call of duty these days though ;)

hehehe my OH is just like that.. FPS's or nothing... Retro MGS was far better than the new one for PS3... far too much like a movie

#7 fishdoc

fishdoc

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 272 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

Can you remember a game for the NES about dinosaurs? or cavemen or something... I seem to remember something like that in the foggy ressesses of my mind :S

Also I have a working SNES system and a commador 64 that now sadly wont play on my HD tv cos theres no arial socket (or there is and I cant find it... damn things bolted to the wall!)

I ended up getting an N64 free a couple years ago. Still looking to get Super Mario World and MarioKart 64, but have gotten Goldeneye.

As for the connections, I have both of those hooked up to an old CRT TV still, so there's no problem. If that ever went out, I don't know if I'd have the hookups on an LCD set.

#8 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,546 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

There are many java-based online versions of the old games, such as digger and similar stuff. TJ started a thread about it.
I like the old computer games from EGA times, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest and some others. But it's a nice memory I don't want to destroy by playing them again today.... :wacko:

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#9 Superman

Superman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

If you want to play snes games then you can download an emulator. I used this site to get it http://www.coolrom.com/ after you download the emulator you need to download the roms. They have loads on there and you can even connect a PS2 controller up if you buy the lead from ebay (about 5). My fav snes games were mario kart, turtles in time, striker, mortal kombat, super mario world and many others.

You can download a PSX one and all the retro consoles too. The PSX one was tricky to set up but I havent tried the older ones. The snes one is pretty easy... give it a go :wacko:

Edited by Superman, 24 July 2009 - 01:14 PM.

#10 toejam

toejam

Guitar Hero

• Active Members
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

one of my favorite games was digger, lots of fun :) however, the best of the best i've ever played is zelda: the ocarina of time.
lemmings is also very good!
"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth"

#11 Kami23

Kami23

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:26 AM

one of my favorite games was digger, lots of fun :) however, the best of the best i've ever played is zelda: the ocarina of time.
lemmings is also very good!

Hehe Zelda is how one of our snakes got her name! I was more ofa mario fan though...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.