• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Words, Words, Words

44671 replies to this topic

#41251 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

amnesia

hi people, yes x-mas mood which also means that many have lost their enthusiasm Posted Image
and: Don't ask what Bioforum can do for you, but what you can do for Bioforum (to manipulate this quote a bit) Posted Image
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#41252 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Micronesia

then we shld have the santa thread again, dr H...
and what shld we do for bioforum then? Gift him with a year's supply of bamboo shoots? :lol:
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#41253 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

repeat
Posted Image
if you start it...but i guess it's anyway just us posting there Posted Image
and well posting sciency replies we can do for bioforum...you always only think about food, eh? Posted Image
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#41254 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

redundant

yup, I know...so I will just make a list of what I want for Christmas..and since you're epicurean and one of the leads of the merry band of atheists, you can't have any Christmas wishes/gifts (based on the original religious sense) :D ....so I will take the gifts for you and ......you meant more posts higher up the page? I'm not sure if bioforum will anticipate it or dread it....:lol:...

#41255 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

red and white

a very idiosyncratic interpretation of x-mas....and I'd say not in an original religious sense but a original greedy capitalistic sense Posted Image
anyway my christmas gift was food supply for spidey for a whole year...good luck with all the crickets, beetles and cockroaches Posted Image Posted Image

#41256 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

canadian flag

but that's modern world for you, dr H...how are the economies gonna move without the christmas season? Then there should be 2 valentine days a year to make up for its loss....you're just cheap as ever...and I am allergic to bugs so too bad for Spidey...:lol:

#41257 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

canadian bacon

well I don't care for the economics and if it developed a dependency from traditional holidays, its own fault...Posted Image economy is not everything but a plague Posted Image
and well the 10 kg bugs are on the way...I guess you'll realise it when they appear everywhere Posted Image

#41258 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

salty

sure, sure...I don't see you living in a commune, planting your own veggies and raising your own chickens...plus you're also working and earning a salary and paying taxes so you still care about the economy even if you deny it....:lol: and I have a very handy blow torch..makes the perfect golden crust for creme brule and toasted bugs as well....:D

#41259 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

roads

but I'd like to do it...anyway I'm not an economist but I'm pretty sure that our economic with endless growth as basic assumption (though for many it's a dogma already) will kill this system more or less soon...and so a different way of economy is needed and well I don't buy every year more but less..that's my tiny boycott Posted Image
and you want the bugs roasted and fried...sure perfect for many types of meals...bon appétit Posted Image

#41260 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

rocky

the supreme pessimist speaks again...:lol: and toasted bugs? yuck....the only crunchy food I like is french fries...
enjoy your Wednesday night, dr H, Thoreau wannabbee old dude....

#41261 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

IV

the realist...Posted Image
good night Mlle C, the lemming in the economic flow Posted Image

#41262 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • 330 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

intra venous
?

Morning all, what's the Santa thread? and why are we talking of economy.
We should be talking of food and gifts.
Casey, I am no atheist, and I am fine with the Roman Catholic belief system. Do I get gifts then? (have sent you my detailed address in a PM) You must really hurry, India Post takes their Christmas holidays very seriously. :P

NEW!!!!  5 Reasons why Rosetta is a SUPERSTAR on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

#41263 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

intranet

hey guys..hi Ameya..the Dear Santa thread we did about 2 or probably 3 years ago...we post what we want santa to give us if we were good of course :lol:..perhaps this time we can have Dear bioforum instead...and, you may have to wait a long time for your gifts as well bec Canada post is overwhelmed these days....:D

#41264 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

ethernet

Hi people and you Ameya are as greedy as Mlle C...Posted Image

#41265 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

ethereal

hey guys...hi dr H..but we both have been good so we deserve our gifts.....and you not....:lol:

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.