• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Gel-Extraction of DNA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2001 - 10:00 PM

I try to isolate cutted Plasmid-DNA fragments from Agarose Gels byusing the Qiagen Qiaquick Extraktion-Kit without sucess. I usedTAE or TBE buffers, normal or low melt agarose and three differentcharges of the kit, but I got no results.Has anyone an idea where to find the problem !?!

Thanks in advance

Dirk

#2 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2001 - 10:00 PM

We have use Qiagen kit for years with gel extraction and never have any problem. If you follow the instruction provided with the kit, you can not fail.

#3 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2001 - 10:00 PM

Qiagen kits do work for us!Are digesting enough DNA given that after cleaning you only yield about 80%, or is the frag you want to purify under 100 bases as the kit doesn't work well at this size, and lasthave you added EtOH to the PE?

#4 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2001 - 10:00 PM

I have previously had some problem with the Qiagen kit and it appeared to be the pH that is the problem. You should use the pH indicator supplied to check that the pH is correct. Personally I preferred to useGeneclean for gel extraction.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.