• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Dirty precipitates after sonication

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TracyDuke

TracyDuke

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hi All, I used to be able to have cells well sonicated in 1 ml solution. I am currently trying to do ChIP with less amount of cells hence in less volume solution (300 ul). I found the lysates get really dirty after sonication with dark precipitates. Why is that?

#2 cellcounter

cellcounter

Control Panel

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi All, I used to be able to have cells well sonicated in 1 ml solution. I am currently trying to do ChIP with less amount of cells hence in less volume solution (300 ul). I found the lysates get really dirty after sonication with dark precipitates. Why is that?

More information on cell type and machine you are using may be helpful.

#3 Radish

Radish

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Lately I am having the same problem :D

In my case I am using a bioruptor 200, E14 cell line and they are being sonicated in 1 ml.

When I centrifuge the lysates after the sonication it looks like a thread, with brownish/black color.

Thank you very much in advance.

#4 KPDE

KPDE

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Lately I am having the same problem :huh:

In my case I am using a bioruptor 200, E14 cell line and they are being sonicated in 1 ml.

When I centrifuge the lysates after the sonication it looks like a thread, with brownish/black color.

Interesting. I used to use a Misonix 3000 with a microtip and got what you're describing and then switched to using a Bioruptor and the dark precipitate went away. In any case, I haven't seen much of a difference in yield or enrichment between when I was getting the precipitate and when it went away.

#5 Radish

Radish

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

Lately I am having the same problem :huh:

Interesting. I used to use a Misonix 3000 with a microtip and got what you're describing and then switched to using a Bioruptor and the dark precipitate went away. In any case, I haven't seen much of a difference in yield or enrichment between when I was getting the precipitate and when it went away.

I have been furiously trying to get into the fast-ChIP protocol and I can't even get passed the sonication.
Everything always goes completely wrong.
LOL the only way to alleviate my failure is to laugh :D

Thank you so much for the feedback, at least this way I Know the it is not an unseen thing.

Edited by Radish, 22 November 2009 - 04:27 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.