• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Most strange sds page gel ever!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

Please help I am suddenly getting gels like the attached pic. I have tried making new running buffers, tris, bis acrlyamide, all to avail. I have run at really low voltage, really high all no diff.

Attached Thumbnails

• SNC00105.jpg

#2 stardust

stardust

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

Looking at your gel chamber, ther seems to be not enough buffer in the middle between the plates. Fill it up to the to, if your chamber is leaky then keep filling it up during the run.

Stardust

#3 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

Looking at your gel chamber, ther seems to be not enough buffer in the middle between the plates. Fill it up to the to, if your chamber is leaky then keep filling it up during the run.

Stardust

I dont think that is the problem.
i took out the gel to take a closer look, then put it back to take the pic, thats why its emptier. I always fill the tank to the brim

#4 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
Excellent

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

were your samples prestained (like your standards)? or did you just use too much bromphenol blue?

how does the gel look after staining?

sometimes, funny looking fronts are caused by old sds. you can try a fresh lot of sds.

Edited by mdfenko, 07 July 2009 - 10:56 AM.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#5 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

were your samples prestained (like your standards)? or did you just use too much bromphenol blue?

sometimes, funny looking fronts are caused by old sds. you can try a fresh lot of sds.

the gel looks wonky after staining. the bands are not straight. I am thinking that it might be my temed being degraded --> therefore unevern polymerisation. trying with new temed.
I will try with new sds as well

#6 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

the gel looks wonky after staining. the bands are not straight. I am thinking that it might be my temed being degraded --> therefore unevern polymerisation. trying with new temed.
I will try with new sds as well

It was the sds... everything was fine after i used new sds...
thanks pple!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.