• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Plaques in my culture flask

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nrelo

Nrelo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hi all, I wondering if there is a viral contamination of my cell line. I splited the cell yesterday. I aliqouted a portion of cells to a new flask and left the remaining in the old flask. Today I found a clear, round zone in the old flask. That area was surrounded by some small clear zones (imagine you got satellite colonies in your cloning experiment). The new flask looks ok. Is that a vrial contamination?

#2 klinmed

klinmed

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hi all, I wondering if there is a viral contamination of my cell line. I splited the cell yesterday. I aliqouted a portion of cells to a new flask and left the remaining in the old flask. Today I found a clear, round zone in the old flask. That area was surrounded by some small clear zones (imagine you got satellite colonies in your cloning experiment). The new flask looks ok. Is that a vrial contamination?

Donīt worry. You had an air bubble. This blocked the cells interacting with the flask surface (hence the "plaque"). The bubble burst during incubation.

Hope this helps

#3 Nrelo

Nrelo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Donīt worry. You had an air bubble. This blocked the cells interacting with the flask surface (hence the "plaque"). The bubble burst during incubation.

Hope this helps

thx a lot. I have checked the reason. It is really due to bubbles.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.