• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Protein lysis buffer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rimal

rimal

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hi all,

I need a recipe of protein buffer lysis, I found lots of formula thru googling but I cant decide which one is the suitable ?

also I have buffer formulas containing 25mM Tris-Hcl, 10% glycerol, 50mM NaCl, 0.1CHAPS and I want to prepare it from a stock but I could'nt because I dont know the ratio between each substance so can I prepare it all together if so how can I adjust the Tris-hcl buffer before adding the substance or adjut it after?

Edited by rimal, 27 June 2009 - 04:44 PM.

#2 T C

T C

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hey,

I don't think I undertsnad yr question but hope this helps:

The lysis buffer that I use has 50 mM Tris, 10 % glycerol, and 150 mM NaCl. This is the standard buffer that I use for all proteins but add different things depending upon the protein that I purify. For instane add protease inhibitors if you think proteases is a problem, increase NaCl to upto 500 mM if you see non specific proteins co-purifying etc.

Also, the buffer that I make is made from individual stocks. So from a 1M tris stock, use N1V1=N2V2 to get the volume required.
Add everything and makeup the volume to the final volume that you need.

And use ice cold buffers.

Best,
TC

#3 rimal

rimal

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

Hey,

I don't think I undertsnad yr question but hope this helps:

The lysis buffer that I use has 50 mM Tris, 10 % glycerol, and 150 mM NaCl. This is the standard buffer that I use for all proteins but add different things depending upon the protein that I purify. For instane add protease inhibitors if you think proteases is a problem, increase NaCl to upto 500 mM if you see non specific proteins co-purifying etc.

Also, the buffer that I make is made from individual stocks. So from a 1M tris stock, use N1V1=N2V2 to get the volume required.
Add everything and makeup the volume to the final volume that you need.

And use ice cold buffers.

Best,
TC

this exactly what I want in another simple explanation I am looking for a nondenaturing protein lysis buffer?

#4 T C

T C

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

This is it then :)
Just change the buffer according to yr requirement: 50 mM tris/100 mM phosphate etc.

Best,
TC

this exactly what I want in another simple explanation I am looking for a nondenaturing protein lysis buffer?

#5 bguyonnet

bguyonnet

bguyonnet

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi,

I am working on sperm cells and I am looking for a procedure to remove DNA after I have lysed these cells. To lyse, I am using a buffer with 1% Triton (which is compatible with DNAseI activity) but also 50mM DTT. Does someone has a idea to remove the released DNA without using centrifugation (I want to keep all the proteins), sonication or syringe?

Thanks for your help.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.