• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

LAT (Lab Animal Technician) Certification

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stace

Stace

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hi guys,

My name is Stacy, Stace if I like you. I'm new to this forum, and I joined to learn more about rodents used in research. I'm a research tech at a start up contract research lab for pharmaceutical research. Basically, I was hired to help run the lab and keep all of my rodent friends happy and healthy. Anywho, I have no certification as far as a lab animal tech just a BS in Animal Sciences. I have experience working with animals at vet clinics of all sorts, and I worked for a short while at another contract research lab with dogs, guinea pigs, monkeys, and rats. So, I'm trying to get my certification for LAT now using my experience to help me prepare for the exam. Has anyone had any experience in taking this exam? Any study tips etc.? I'd like to save money by only taking the exam once and passing the first time. I have my doubts that it will be extremely difficult, because I have been going over the material, but it is a LOT of material that I need to learn in about 3 months or so. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.