• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

transfection in floating cells

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bhawana

bhawana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi,

I wanted to transfect U937 cells. If any body has same experience, please share the technique and protocol with me.

#2 madrius1

madrius1

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:57 AM

I have never worked with such cells, but I did transfect 293T cells while they were detached from the plates. I think you could go with your normal transfection protocol. Moreover, if you use products such as Fugene, i'm pretty sure you could find the infos on the data sheet.

#3 bhawana

bhawana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

I have never worked with such cells, but I did transfect 293T cells while they were detached from the plates. I think you could go with your normal transfection protocol. Moreover, if you use products such as Fugene, i'm pretty sure you could find the infos on the data sheet.

Hi,

Thanks for reply,
I have done a lot of successful transfection in adherent cell lines, but when ever I tried in floating cells, I have failed. I did electroporation also but I didnt work. Now I want to order some transfection reagent. I want to make sure that which will be better either Fugene or nucleufectin, or other available agents. If you have any experience, please let me know.

#4 Richard.21

Richard.21

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reply,
I have done a lot of successful transfection in adherent cell lines, but when ever I tried in floating cells, I have failed. I did electroporation also but I didnt work. Now I want to order some transfection reagent. I want to make sure that which will be better either Fugene or nucleufectin, or other available agents. If you have any experience, please let me know.

Hi,

My PhD, who guides me in these researches works with U937, and i'm sure she uses FuGene (Roche). As soon as possible i will reply you on. if you want you may send me mail to: vinicius.biomed@gmail.com

Regards

Reis,V.P.

#5 bhawana

bhawana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks.
As sson as you get this information please let me know

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

Hi,

My PhD, who guides me in these researches works with U937, and i'm sure she uses FuGene (Roche). As soon as possible i will reply you on. if you want you may send me mail to: vinicius.biomed@gmail.com

Regards

Reis,V.P.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.