• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Alternative to netprimer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lotus Japonicus

Lotus Japonicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'm having trouble with primer design and was wondering if there's an alternative out there to netprimer. I can't access net primer at the moment, I presume it's down. I've found OligoAnalyzer but I'm not too sure about the interface so was wondering if there were any more tools out there for comparing primers and, also, if anyone knows what's wrong with netprimer and when it will be back up.

Thanks

#2 jiajia1987

jiajia1987

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

you can try primer3.0.

#3 Lotus Japonicus

Lotus Japonicus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

you can try primer3.0.

Does primer 3 allow you to do alignments and such to look for regions where the primers are likely to dimerise with themselves and each other. I use primer3 to design primers but haven't ever noticed that. Will take a look now.

#4 microgirl

microgirl

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 122 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

IDT (idtnda.com) has a really good primer design tool. It has all sorts of advanced features that I never use - LOL.

#5 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,199 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:59 AM

you can try primer3.0.

Does primer 3 allow you to do alignments and such to look for regions where the primers are likely to dimerise with themselves and each other. I use primer3 to design primers but haven't ever noticed that. Will take a look now.

Primers 3 makes score for primers making dimers in general (any column in the results) or at 3' end (3' column). Both for each separate primer and for primer pair. Look for these scores, or set lower limits to design primers that dimerase less.

Personaly I use maximum 6 for any, and 3 for 3' and choose those pairs that have lower values.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

#6 wilson_trace

wilson_trace

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

I'm having trouble with primer design and was wondering if there's an alternative out there to netprimer. I can't access net primer at the moment, I presume it's down. I've found OligoAnalyzer but I'm not too sure about the interface so was wondering if there were any more tools out there for comparing primers and, also, if anyone knows what's wrong with netprimer and when it will be back up.

Thanks

Hi

I have been using NetPrimer for analyzing primers. Its working well.
Here is the link - http://www.premierbi...imer/index.html

Cheers ;)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.