• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

expressing data with more than 1 HK gene

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Greenstripe

Greenstripe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:31 AM

Hello, I was wondering about the conventions when it comes to expressing data (from qPCR validation of microarray fold-changes) narmalised to more than 1 housekeeping gene.

So I have expressed the target gene relative to 18S and relative to GAPDH. How to report this for publication? do I report 2 separate values (one for each HK gene) or is there a way to combine the data into one value?

F

#2 warsel

warsel

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:41 AM

Hello, I was wondering about the conventions when it comes to expressing data (from qPCR validation of microarray fold-changes) narmalised to more than 1 housekeeping gene.

So I have expressed the target gene relative to 18S and relative to GAPDH. How to report this for publication? do I report 2 separate values (one for each HK gene) or is there a way to combine the data into one value?

F

Hmm.. which value is more stable? I'd use that then. Reporting two separate values, one for each HKG with qPCR is rather unusual unless your figure is about the difference of the two values.

#3 tea-test

tea-test

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Good

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:39 AM

hi, you can find the formula for normalizing with the geometric mean of multiple reference genes in this paper:

http://www.protocol-...e...=post&id=44 (formula 13)
tea-test: The artist formerly known as Ned Land

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.