• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

CHiP Kits

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sgt_pepper06

sgt_pepper06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

Hi Everyone-

I'm new to CHip and a colleague of mine suggested that I look into these commercial kits. He seemed especially positive about the EpiQuik Chromatin Immunoprecipitation. What are your feelings on these kits in general, and do you guys have any kits that you think are especially good? Has anyone used this EpiQuick kit? Our goal is to preform ChiP assays on adult mouse hippocampus.

-Thanks!

Edited by sgt_pepper06, 17 June 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#2 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

If you are going to do a lot of ChIP assays, you better prepare your own buffers and reagents. Kit is not that important.

#3 KPDE

KPDE

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 154 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hi Everyone-

I'm new to CHip and a colleague of mine suggested that I look into these commercial kits. He seemed especially positive about the EpiQuik Chromatin Immunoprecipitation. What are your feelings on these kits in general, and do you guys have any kits that you think are especially good? Has anyone used this EpiQuick kit? Our goal is to preform ChiP assays on adult mouse hippocampus.

-Thanks!

$539 for 96 ChIPs not including antibodies?!?! There are a lot of good protocols out there. I plug ours a lot, Fast ChIP, but there are several good ones. Don't bother with the kits. Waste of money.

#4 sgt_pepper06

sgt_pepper06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the info, do you have a link/pdf for your protocol? Any general suggestions when working w/ brain tissue and ChiP?

#5 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

You can search in vivo ChIP protocol, I am sure you will be able to find a bunch.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.