• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ADP solution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chimse

chimse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:55 AM

hi everybody,
I have to solve this point, please help me!

In my experiment I have to prepare some reagents that have not been contaminated by ATP. I need the pure ADP solution, therefore, I used Lr/L reagent in the ATP assay (Promega) to check the ATP contamination in both of water and ADP solution.
I used the Luminometer to measure the presence of ATP in ADP solution. The control is only water. Unfortunately, the value got from the sample containing ADP solution is very high comparing to the control. I donít know why the ADP solution containing ATP? because the water used as its solvent was not contaminated by ATP. And ADP solution making condition is not ATP-contaminated.
Could any one help me explain why in the ADP solution (using water as a solvent), the ATP component is appeared?

Thank a lot!
Chimse

#2 Carlton H

Carlton H

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

chimse,

I don't know what the source would be, but I do know that you can remove ATP contamination with Hexokinase. Motojima & Yoshida (2003) did something very similar to what I believe you need to do...

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12736270

Cheers,
-Carlton
NextAdvance
Reliable laboratory instruments for the life sciences, designed to enable you to work more effectively and increase productivity. Check us out!

If my answers help you, please take a moment to check out our site and see if any of our products would help you as well! Thanks!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.