• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Cell fractionation and isolation of nuclei

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fred197237

fred197237

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:16 AM

I'm isolating the nuclei of HepG2 cells using homogenization with the douncer, spinning at 1000 g obtaining crude nuclear fractions and then loading the CNF on sucrose gradient. BUT when i check with ER marker calnexin i find the nuclear fraction has even stronger bands than membrane fractions. That means that ER is not separated from nuclei. Any suggestions on how to obtain a nuclear fraction pure of ER?

#2 dan_

dan_

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

Qiagen has a kit that work well for this application : Qproteome cell compartment kit.

I presently use this kit I have always clean nuclear extract.

Hope this can help you.

I'm isolating the nuclei of HepG2 cells using homogenization with the douncer, spinning at 1000 g obtaining crude nuclear fractions and then loading the CNF on sucrose gradient. BUT when i check with ER marker calnexin i find the nuclear fraction has even stronger bands than membrane fractions. That means that ER is not separated from nuclei. Any suggestions on how to obtain a nuclear fraction pure of ER?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.