• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

spectrophotometer-problem with adjusting autozero

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sbindu

sbindu

sbindu

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Dear all,

I am doing aconitase assay and the wavelength to be used is 240 nm and the spectrophotometer which I use is Shimadzu UV-2410 PC spectrophotometer. The reaction mixture contains Tris-HCl and isocitrate and I am facing some problem with adjusting autozero. The reading is not at all getting stable. I tried to adjust autozero with only Tris-HCl, but the result is same. Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Have a nice day,
Bindu

#2 klinmed

klinmed

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:16 PM

Dear all,

I am doing aconitase assay and the wavelength to be used is 240 nm and the spectrophotometer which I use is Shimadzu UV-2410 PC spectrophotometer. The reaction mixture contains Tris-HCl and isocitrate and I am facing some problem with adjusting autozero. The reading is not at all getting stable. I tried to adjust autozero with only Tris-HCl, but the result is same. Can anyone help me to solve this problem.

Have a nice day,
Bindu

Do you allow at least 30 minutes for the spectro to warm up before using? If so then I would guess that the deuterium lamp probably needs changing. It is often forgotten that these have a limited lifespan compared to the tungsten one used in the visible range.

Hope this helps

#3 neuron

neuron

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:55 AM

we also had same problem once, we got it calibrated. I don't know about technical details :lol: . And yes its always better to switch on the instrument at least 10-15 mins prior to use.

#4 sbindu

sbindu

sbindu

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

Thanks a lot for the suggestion...

we also had same problem once, we got it calibrated. I don't know about technical details :P . And yes its always better to switch on the instrument at least 10-15 mins prior to use.

#5 sbindu

sbindu

sbindu

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

Thank you so much for the help....

Dear all,

Have a nice day,
Bindu

Do you allow at least 30 minutes for the spectro to warm up before using? If so then I would guess that the deuterium lamp probably needs changing. It is often forgotten that these have a limited lifespan compared to the tungsten one used in the visible range.

Hope this helps

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.