• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Casp3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saraarasus

saraarasus

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi,
I am using the cell signaling casp3 with PVDF. I have a strange problem. My protein is transfering so fast. I am using wet transfer system, 100 volt, 0.23 amp and transfer it for 30 min. I think most of the protein has just passed. My transfer buffer doesnt have SDS , but it has 20% Meoh to help them to attached better to the membrane. I am not really sure which volt or current I use to transfer them good in 1 hour. I would be really appreciated if some one can help.

Cheers,
Sara

#2 saraarasus

saraarasus

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

Why no one reply to me? :)

Hi,
I am using the cell signaling casp3 with PVDF. I have a strange problem. My protein is transfering so fast. I am using wet transfer system, 100 volt, 0.23 amp and transfer it for 30 min. I think most of the protein has just passed. My transfer buffer doesnt have SDS , but it has 20% Meoh to help them to attached better to the membrane. I am not really sure which volt or current I use to transfer them good in 1 hour. I would be really appreciated if some one can help.

Cheers,
Sara

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,831 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

No-one replied as you didn't actually state the problem, which I guess is that you have no signal from your caspase 3 blot? I would try transferring slower - use 15 V overnight and use SDS in your buffer. The SDS actually coats the protein with a negative charge and allows it to migrate.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.