• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

cell contamination????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sargam

sargam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hi!
I have made a stable cell line expressing the GOI using reteroviral system. From day one after infection (and now my cell line is at passage 4) I see some dark speckles in my cultures dishes. I have G418/ puromycin and pen/strep in my media already. My media does not turn turbid or cloudy nor does it turn yellow untill cells become too confluent (and thats because they use up the media). Do you think my cells are contaminated? Please post your valuable suggestion.
Thank you!! :)

#2 gfischer

gfischer

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hi!
I have made a stable cell line expressing the GOI using reteroviral system. From day one after infection (and now my cell line is at passage 4) I see some dark speckles in my cultures dishes. I have G418/ puromycin and pen/strep in my media already. My media does not turn turbid or cloudy nor does it turn yellow untill cells become too confluent (and thats because they use up the media). Do you think my cells are contaminated? Please post your valuable suggestion.
Thank you!! :)

Try setting up a dish of media without cells in it as a control. If you get the same thing, then there is most likely some sort of contamination in your incubator.
Above all things, if kindness is your king,
then heaven will be yours, before you meet your end

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.