• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

SiRNA- gene silencing in brain Organotypic slice cultures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaya Rantham

Jaya Rantham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

Can any one help me in giving me the protocol and suggestions to do gene silencing using SiRNA in brain organotypic slices of 350um grown on inserts with 1.1ml of normal growth media.

Thanks
Jaya.

Edited by Jaya Rantham, 19 May 2009 - 02:19 PM.

#2 Jon Moulton

Jon Moulton

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hi,

Can any one help me in giving me the protocol and suggestions to do gene silencing using SiRNA in brain organotypic slices of 350um grown on inserts with 1.1ml of normal growth media.

Thanks
Jaya.

If you insist on doing the knockdown with siRNA I can't help. Here is a citation for a paper using knockdown by unmodified Morpholinos and delivery by Endo-Porter in kidney organotypic cultures. The same system should work in brain slices.

Nikopoulos G, Adams T, Adams D, Oxburgh L, Prudovsky I, Verdi J. The use of Endo-Porter to deliver morpholinos in kidney organ culture. Biotechniques. 2008 Apr;44(4):547-9.
Jon D. Moulton
Gene Tools, LLC
www.gene-tools.com

#3 Jaya Rantham

Jaya Rantham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the information Jon Moulton.

Hi,

Thanks
Jaya.

If you insist on doing the knockdown with siRNA I can't help. Here is a citation for a paper using knockdown by unmodified Morpholinos and delivery by Endo-Porter in kidney organotypic cultures. The same system should work in brain slices.

Nikopoulos G, Adams T, Adams D, Oxburgh L, Prudovsky I, Verdi J. The use of Endo-Porter to deliver morpholinos in kidney organ culture. Biotechniques. 2008 Apr;44(4):547-9.

#4 rantes

rantes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hey Jaya.

I'm new to the forum and interested too in siRNA treatment in organotypic hippocampal cultures.

Did you find any new information about it?

I have found one article that uses this method (JOURNAL OF NEUROCHEMISTRY | 2008 | 106 | 978988).

Please let me know if it is any help and if you have any other info.

Thanks

Ran

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.