• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

In vitro Transcription kit recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Randoramma

Randoramma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

So I am currently using Stratagene's RNAmaxx kit followed by Absolutely RNA kit to clean with, but am still getting what appears to be DNA contamination in my standard. This does not appear in my NT controls. Any one have any recommendations for another kit to try that will eliminate the dastardly lingering DNA? I need the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every DNA molecule in the room. Accept no substitutes.

#2 mastermi

mastermi

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

Have you tried digesting your in vitro transcribed RNA with DNaseI before cleaning?
I don't know any other way to get completely rid of DNA...

#3 Penguin

Penguin

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:28 AM

Ambion make something called TURBO DNAse which is pretty good, also if you treat your sample with Acid Phenol:Chloroform 5:1 (pH 4.5) that should remove any DNA remaining (Ambion's website says "Acidic pH moves DNA into the organic phase").

P

#4 mastermi

mastermi

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

also if you treat your sample with Acid Phenol:Chloroform 5:1 (pH 4.5) that should remove any DNA remaining (Ambion's website says "Acidic pH moves DNA into the organic phase").

Acid phenol would be fine for most applications, but usually it's not able to remove every tiny rest of DNA.
If you want your sample to be 100% free of DNA and not only 99,9%, you will have to use DNase.

#5 Randoramma

Randoramma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

Have you tried digesting your in vitro transcribed RNA with DNaseI before cleaning?

Yeah, post transcription I expose my reaction to DNase for 30-60min then proceed to purification.

#6 mastermi

mastermi

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, post transcription I expose my reaction to DNase for 30-60min then proceed to purification.

Ok. Then you may test a DNaseI from another supplier. For us, only the one from Fermentas worked fine, whereas for others only the one from NEB worked.
I have no other idea what to do...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.