• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Generating double stable cell line

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kulla

kulla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

Hey,

I have a problem concerning my cell line. All DNA constructs, prior used with another cell line, use the neomycine resistance gene for generation of stable cell lines. My cell line was immortalized with pE1A-neo plasmid which means that this cell line is already neomycin resistant. Alternatives are e.g. puromycin or hygromycin etc. Who has experiences with selection alternatives to neomycine? Which plasmids are recommended for this attempt?

Thanks

#2 Bomber

Bomber

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:35 AM

A plasmid we recently used is the pIRESpuro3 from Clontech.
It contains CMV promoter and allows the expression of your gene of interest in fusion with the selection marker (it is a mRNA fusion not a protein fusion).
Thereby you can reduce the screening effort a bit since resistent clones are likely to express your gene of interest as well.
I find puromycin selection also faster and more reliable.

Good luck

#3 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:57 PM

I have used G418, hygromycin, blasticidin and zeocin effectively. They all work well, but it is worth the extra time to do a cell death assay to choose the appropriate dose.

#4 kulla

kulla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for answering so fast.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.