• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Anyone willing to send me some pcDNA3.1(+)?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:46 AM

Hi there!

This is sort of an odd request, but I just finished a big cloning experiment using Clontech's In-Fusion kit and got a very inefficient reaction with all my clones going in backwards. I've just realized that what my lab has labeled as "pcDNA3" and was assured by a fellow coworker meant "pcDNA3.1(+)......actually ended up being pcDNA3.1(-). ARGH!!!!

Anyway, I've been asking around and nobody has pcDNA3.1(+). If some kind person would be willing to mail me 6ug of it (just tape a PCR tube to a piece of paper, fold it over a couple times, and mail it in US Mail with a stamp), I will gladly add you to my Amazon Prime "family". It must be pure pcDNA3.1(+) with nothing cut out or added. Just regular lab stock of empty vector.

I'd like 6ug because I want to immediately cut 5ug for cloning and save one ug for sequencing and transforming into my own bacteria.

Amazon Prime gives you free 2-day shipping on anything Amazon.com sells, no limit (you can buy a $0.25 sticker and it will be sent 2-day air). They allow up to five people in a "family" to share it and my "family" still has one spot available. Membership cost me $80, but will only cost you some plasmid! There are nine months left in the membership.

Send me an email at hlmarr (at) gmail.com if you are interested. I'll sequence your vector and add you to Amazon Prime once I verify what it is you sent me =)

Edited by ah6tyfour, 06 April 2009 - 09:04 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.