• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

surface staining of THP-1 cell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maverick3006

maverick3006

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hi
I am trying to perform surface staining for TLRs 2 and 4 on THP-1 cell line. however, i am not getting any staining at all. is the trypsin i am using for cell detachment causing problems in staining?

also, is there a specific protocol for staining THP-1 cells for FACS? please help.

#2 SuMi

SuMi

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

Why are your THP-1 cells attached? Did you differentiate them? My THP-1s grow in suspension and so there is no issue with detaching them. I have stained them for TLR2 and TLR4 and they express both proteins quite highly. I used a normal flow staining protocol, probably from BD.

#3 rhombus

rhombus

Rhombus/Uncle Rhombus

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Hi
I am trying to perform surface staining for TLRs 2 and 4 on THP-1 cell line. however, i am not getting any staining at all. is the trypsin i am using for cell detachment causing problems in staining?

also, is there a specific protocol for staining THP-1 cells for FACS? please help.

As SuMi states, THP-1 are a suspension culture and only adhere if they are differentiated. I think you have a problem with your cells....have you mycoplasma tested them recently ? .... another cause of phentotypic/morphological changes.

Rhombus

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.