• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

B*%$%y government! Nanny state gone too far

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I am soooo p#$$$ed off! I have just heard that the Australian Government, in an effort to reduce the medical cost of allergies, has just declared a ban on peanuts! THEY say the risks associated with nut allergies has become so great that we as a nation can no longer afford to allow nuts in the Australian diet!

Forget the fact that nuts are a rich source of nutrients! Forget the omega-3 content! Forget the industry! Kick the farmers in the guts again!

Anybody know a good country to emigrate to? :) :) :angry:
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,509 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

I am soooo p#$$$ed off! I have just heard that the Australian Government, in an effort to reduce the medical cost of allergies, has just declared a ban on peanuts! THEY say the risks associated with nuthas become so great that we as a nation can no longer afford to allow nuts in the Australian diet!

Forget the fact that nuts are a rich source of nutrients! Forget the omega-3 content! Forget the industry! Kick the farmers in the guts again!

Anybody know a good country to emigrate to? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds awkward...and it won't help with the small impurities in the convenience products... :D
Anyway it's a pity not be able to buy this tasty nuts....
Attention all GMO-researchers! Please develop some allergen-free varieties... B)
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#3 Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse

Super Mouse

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Good

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

or develop a nut vaccine

#4 LostintheLab

LostintheLab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

hmmmmmm this isn't some kinda April's fools is it??????

It seems too much to be true.
I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

#5 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

with swanny you never know (or is it the B*%$%y Oz gov't).......I'm still trying to figure out what B*%$%y means.... :D

swanny, you're always welcome to come here up north.....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#6 DRT

DRT

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 160 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Or down North, :D

It does sound like being caught on the wrong side of the dateline

#7 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

Or down North, :D

oh, I never knew a north down, only a one true north..and there's only one..... :angry:

#8 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

Or down North, :angry:

oh, I never knew a north down, only a one true north..and there's only one..... :angry:

Hey, if there's some of that beaver-tail to snack on, and maybe a baby-seal fur coat on offer (for that apparently never-ending winter :angry: ), I might consider it.

Points go to LostintheLab... :D

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone.

Hey did you hear that April 1 is the holy day for atheists? Apparently a lawyer (surprise, surprise) went to court in the States, wanting to sue Christians and Jews for discrimination (how exactly, I don't know) because whereas they had holy days (Easter, Christmas, Passover, Yom Kippur etc), atheists had none.
The judge carefully to him and then had the case dismissed. When the lawyer protested, the judge pointed him to the Old Testament, and Psalm 14:1 (The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God"). Logically, the judge continued, as atheists don't believe in God, they are fools**, and as April 1 is the day for fools, it is also the atheists day.

** Foolishness, in the Bible, is not saying a person is stupid, but is contrasted with wisdom, which is doing the things according to God's Word.
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#9 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

:angry: Kewl! And it's my b'day if U believe :D
Simple living, highnot thinking

#10 LostintheLab

LostintheLab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

Or down North, :angry:

oh, I never knew a north down, only a one true north..and there's only one..... B)

Hey, if there's some of that beaver-tail to snack on, and maybe a baby-seal fur coat on offer (for that apparently never-ending winter :angry: ), I might consider it.

Points go to LostintheLab... :D

Hey did you hear that April 1 is the holy day for atheists? Apparently a lawyer (surprise, surprise) went to court in the States, wanting to sue Christians and Jews for discrimination (how exactly, I don't know) because whereas they had holy days (Easter, Christmas, Passover, Yom Kippur etc), atheists had none.
The judge carefully to him and then had the case dismissed. When the lawyer protested, the judge pointed him to the Old Testament, and Psalm 14:1 (The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God"). Logically, the judge continued, as atheists don't believe in God, they are fools**, and as April 1 is the day for fools, it is also the atheists day.

** Foolishness, in the Bible, is not saying a person is stupid, but is contrasted with wisdom, which is doing the things according to God's Word.

Cheers! My Gullability detector must be working!
The results decided to plan an April fools on me today.... I thought I was onto an interesting result until we realised it was just artifact staining :angry:

Happy Birthday Nabi!! Leave the lab and go get yourself a bowl of Tantamen Ramen as a treat
I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

#11 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:26 AM

The results decided to plan an April fools on me today.... I thought I was onto an interesting result until we realised it was just artifact staining :D

Happy Birthday Nabi!! Leave the lab and go get yourself a bowl of Tantamen Ramen as a treat

Ah, wish I could go. Afternoon were those 'complimentary bentos' and evening there is a lab meeting that I will have to attend - another Bento I will be getting plus I will be having a 'surprise' b'day cake for sure. I guess I have to give up tantanmen for today :angry: There is always tomorrow. Then, Tantanmen shop is closed for some reason today - could not read the reason.

I also got the sweetest gift from Turkey right on time.

Posted Image

Have one. . :angry:

#12 LostintheLab

LostintheLab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

The results decided to plan an April fools on me today.... I thought I was onto an interesting result until we realised it was just artifact staining :(

Ah, wish I could go. Afternoon were those 'complimentary bentos' and evening there is a lab meeting that I will have to attend - another Bento I will be getting plus I will be having a 'surprise' b'day cake for sure. I guess I have to give up tantanmen for today :) There is always tomorrow. Then, Tantanmen shop is closed for some reason today - could not read the reason.

I also got the sweetest gift from Turkey right on time.

Posted Image

Have one. . :)

thanks...don't mind if I do......Mmmmmmm Oishiiiii!

Hang on! you don't rule some world of snow and ice do you ? ride round on sleighs offering turkish delight to son's and daughters of Adam do you? :lol:

#13 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hey, if there's some of that beaver-tail to snack on, and maybe a baby-seal fur coat on offer (for that apparently never-ending winter :lol: ), I might consider it.

and being a civic-minded and responsible kanuk, I may have to report you to the animal welfare org for your wicked intentions swanny- to snack on our beloved beaver tails and use our cute whitecoat seal fur for coat....so our welcome offer has been effectively withdrawn...besides, first subzero drop, I bet you'd be heading back to Bondi Beach..... :(

#14 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

:) Kewl! And it's my b'day if U believe :(

oh, is it really your birthday BB? well, it better be......o-tanjoobi omedatou gozaimasu......

Posted Image

look at its cute but scared eyes...:lol:...

#15 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

thanks...don't mind if I do......Mmmmmmm Oishiiiii!

Hang on! you don't rule some world of snow and ice do you ? ride round on sleighs offering turkish delight to son's and daughters of Adam do you? :)

O, LiL, that's not me though people have mistaken me for that before also. I better change my behaviour sooner before I run in to more trouble.

:) Kewl! And it's my b'day if U believe :D

oh, is it really your birthday BB? well, it better be......o-tanjoobi omedatou gozaimasu......

Posted Image

look at its cute but scared eyes...:(...

Thank U Cashu-hime. This cake perfectly suits me for various reasons.. . resembles me :( , resembles my attitude :lol: , and also it is what I am working on :)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.