• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

olfactory system

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fadlone

fadlone

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

hi everyone
I need some help, I was asked to design & describe an experiment that will show the mechanism of the olfactory system in the molecular level with the knowledge that was known 20 years ago .
I realy need some ideas so please any one that can help is welcome

#2 Sciurus

Sciurus

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

Please refresh my memory and tell me what exactly the state of research was 20 years ago - which methods were known back then? ;)

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:07 AM

hi everyone
I need some help, I was asked to design & describe an experiment that will show the mechanism of the olfactory system in the molecular level with the knowledge that was known 20 years ago .
I realy need some ideas so please any one that can help is welcome

20 years ago: piercing electrodes in the sensory cells and waiting for action potentials if a suitable scent was provided....
And the biochemical processes were also known to a large extent. Both not really molecular.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.