• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

GST pull down assay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

Hi everybody.

I am trying to do a GST pull down assay. I have the GST-fusion protein successfully produced in EColi cells. I also have successfully expressed my protein of interest in HEK293 cells.

I have several GST tagged proteins. I want to see which if any of them bind to my protein of interest. I did a library screening using yeast two hybrid throwing my protein of interest. The GST pull down is to confirm that the binding is indeed possible.

I need to now design several setups and then attempt the pull down. What controls should I have to make sure my results are indisputable?

Has anybody else done something similiar to what I am doing?

Thanks

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

You need a beads-only control, a GST-only control, a non-specific antibody control and preferably a positive control. I have a feeling I am missing a control there too, check out "current protocols in molecular biology" for a good guide.

#3 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

You need a beads-only control, a GST-only control, a non-specific antibody control and preferably a positive control. I have a feeling I am missing a control there too, check out "current protocols in molecular biology" for a good guide.

Thanks for your help. what do you mean by non-specific antibody control?

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

An antibody that is not involved in the system you are looking at, to see if just any old antibody could have pulled down the proteins you get from your IPs.

#5 MaggieRoara

MaggieRoara

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:25 AM

An antibody that is not involved in the system you are looking at, to see if just any old antibody could have pulled down the proteins you get from your IPs.

I didnt do an IP. I did a yeast 2 hybrid library screening. What would be a good Ab to start with?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.