• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

problems with detecting protein expression

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cheehing2

cheehing2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:07 AM

I am having my research on transcription of microorganism.
in order to detect the protein expression in cell, either in cytoplasm or in the nucleus,
anyone could help me this.

i have already find out the method by using flurosence marker and observe with confocol,
but i have no confocol microscopy in lab, any other "classical" method to proof the protein either express in cytoplasm or in nucleus?

#2 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Micro-organisms don't have a nucleus... and organisms that do have a nucleus don't have ribosomes in their nucleus. So are you interested in the final location of the proteins, rather than where they are expressed?
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#3 cheehing2

cheehing2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

Micro-organisms don't have a nucleus... and organisms that do have a nucleus don't have ribosomes in their nucleus. So are you interested in the final location of the proteins, rather than where they are expressed?

i am doing virus replication, and try to find out where the protein are in the cell by using cell culture.

#4 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

You might be able to get something by doing a gentle lysis, then separating the nucleus from the cytoplasm, and running gels to look for your protein(s) in the two.
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#5 GeneTurk

GeneTurk

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

I think Swanny's method of differential centrifugation will work. This website may work http://faculty.platt...h/DiffCent.html . Good Luck

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.