Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

cloning trouble


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 jiajia1987

jiajia1987

    Veteran

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
0
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

In response to to the above post by jiajia1987. There were two instances of this.

1) when I loaded 40ul of PCR reaction onto a gel I could just see a faint but discreet band at the desired size. I then used the remaining mix to do the TOPO reaction and got lots of colonies. I screened them and found that they were all correct.

2) When looking into virus splicing patterns I used a sequence specific oligo and an oligoT to make cDNA of the region of interest. I amplified it for about 5 cycles and TOPO cloned it. This gave colonies, some of which contained junk but 4 or 5 had sequence which told me that my splice site and polyA site were working. (i'm sure there are better ways of doing it but I just used the materials that came to hand and was confident with the result).

Hope this is clearer


Dear LP2, thanks for the reply. :)




Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.