• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

What is your IQ?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 chicken

chicken

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

hello to all genius members

i cnt understand the "missing box" parts . any one knows whts the way to find correct boxes.

what is the basic point of understanding such things .

#47 Dominic

Dominic

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

i got 138 from mensa years ago - didnt stay in tho - too many crossword obsessed geeks

dom

#48 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

Do anyone pay for the membership?

I didn't.

This is actually the intelligence test. You passed.

#49 K.B.

K.B.

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 174 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

141 - even though English is my second language and I took the test before my breakfast coffee! yay! :)

#50 LordPhantom

LordPhantom

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

Got a 134 on the TA3 test... was a good source for procrastination, lol...

I didn't pay for the membership either... too smart to be scammed :)

#51 acetylcholine

acetylcholine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Crud. Anyone's actually COMFORTABLE saying what theirs is?

I know what mine is, and it's pretty high, but I keep it to myself. I just remind myself of it to keep myself buoyant when I'm having a bad day.

#52 damon

damon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

only 120

#53 mhmtcn

mhmtcn

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

site crashed

#54 samantha89

samantha89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

I got 118 from mensa long ago. I guess a bit over the average, but far from a genius.

Altough, I find it more and more irrelevant, organization and being prepared before you start work is what counts.

I even find that less IQ is better, at least when it comes to connecting with people.

Edited by samantha89, 04 July 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#55 RuthKnoll

RuthKnoll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

100, really

#56 sam99

sam99

• Watched members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

135 sad.gif

Don't worry. You are still in the top 2% of the world. :rolleyes:

What do you mean concernin 2%?))

"My knowledge is my power. My power is my future."

#57 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • 429 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:45 AM

I'm not Minnie Mouse, but still:

The IQ has a Normal Distribution, and anything higher than two standard deviations from the mean is considered high intelligence. http://en.wikipedia....istribution.svg This makes 2% of the population "highly intelligent" per definition.

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

#58 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 6,054 posts
Excellent

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

IQ tests are also deeply flawed in that they only test for a certain type of intelligence (pattern recognition and mathematical skills mostly) rather than testing the whole bunch of other things that also contribute to intelligence.

It is interesting to note that each generation that takes the identical test has an approximately 10% increase over their parent's generation (i.e. if the parental generation took it and got 100, then the children on average should get 110)... how do you explain that - this means that your grandparent's generation would be classified as definitely subnormal by today's standards....

A few things to think about before taking online tests (not that I didn't too)!

#59 CPRES

CPRES

Cellcounter

• Active Members
  • 140 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

More than what is good for me. And others.

So. Now that you have your first ever question on bioforum answered (or not), mail yourself your username and password so you don't forget them, and then come back soon to update us on how it all worked out. That's how you build Karma in science.

#60 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,299 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

Some "IQ" tests are designed to also test the comprehension of language and things like that, and then you got a result of score in different types of inteligence (also short-term, long-term memory as I remeber the Mensa test) which can be a guide to what person may excel in. If you not sure if an architecture is a good for you, having high score on spatial "intelligence" is hint that you will easily picture in mind the objects you are about to design.

But the IQ test were originally only designed to compare school children in the .. 40'? 50'? as the test was actually saying that having IQ 140 means that the 10-year-old child has an "intelligence" of a 14-year-old already. At the time the mean was of course 100.

Then there was the sad time where these tests were rutinelly used in US for sorting, for school, and many minorities scored wery badly, mostly because of the bad language and reading skills and general social differences. Questions about "common knowledge" were also included, and if you grow in totally different enviroment that the text author, then your "common knowledge" is quite different and you score low.

These were then taken as a proof that black people were less inteligent, just look at the scores! Since then the whole concept was revisited, but is still used as complimentary in acception tests for schools, but fact it that the mathematical and patter recognition tests are far less affected by different enviroment of the child.

But of course, if a parent decides his child would master IQ tests, it can increase his score by training, like everything.

So the tests generaly test only a subpart of what we call intelligence, relying on all participants having the same starting point and some common home enviroment, which is not the case.

But as I mentioned in the first paragraph, if you fit in this and take some extended tests to see what you are good at, it can make you decide about your future. But if you find you are not good at the thing you would like, it still shouldn't mean to abandon it, there are just so many options how to succed in something, so the direct "talent" may not be the only one.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.