• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

real time PCR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chloe

chloe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi,

I conducting one-step real time RT-PCR, I get a single peak of melt curve but 2 products were observed analyzed by agarose gel. I run together with non-RT and non-template and there is no products for both negative control. Can anybody pls help me figure what's the problem? The primers are specific and I having the same problems for few genes that study.

#2 littleaxt

littleaxt

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Hello,

What is the range of your melt curve analysis? Maybe one of your products is already denaturated, because you start with a too high temperature?

All the best!

Hi,

I conducting one-step real time RT-PCR, I get a single peak of melt curve but 2 products were observed analyzed by agarose gel. I run together with non-RT and non-template and there is no products for both negative control. Can anybody pls help me figure what's the problem? The primers are specific and I having the same problems for few genes that study.

#3 toejam

toejam

Guitar Hero

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

maybe your gene presents splicing, thus 2 different products. have you sequenced them to see if they're similar or just rubbish?
"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth"

#4 chrisbelle

chrisbelle

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:39 AM

Hi,

are your products on the gel of the same size? are both your expected product size? did you repeat your run to see if that was just a freak run or it happened again? Usually 1 melt curve only begets 1 product size. If your 2nd product on gel is <100bp, highly likely that is primer-dimer.

All the best,
Chris
Life sucks. Enjoy it while you can.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.