• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Tool for manipulating trees on Linux

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dersven

dersven

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:44 AM

HI!
I want to add information to a NJ-tree (in Nexus format) and insert it into a paper. unfortunately if do not know how I can manipulate the information written in the tree. For the windows-Version of the tree I heard that it is possible to simply copy everything from NJplot into grafic-programms, which afterward find each textfield as a single object where other bootstrap-values can be added.
I also tried ATV and treeview, but none of them supported it. I also thought using PS or PDF-Files, but didn't find a suitable tools
Im working with open Office.

Thanks in advance

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

Have a look here . A software collection, though it also disentangles the software by OS, linux is still missing (I guess many of these phylogenetics dudes use anyway only macs). But if you look in the descriptions of the programs (and homepages of the software) of which you think they do the job, then there is normally mentioned which OS is supported.
TreeSnacher works for example under Linux too.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#3 Harvardstudent

Harvardstudent

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Does MEGA exist for Linux?!?

#4 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
Excellent

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:19 AM

Does MEGA exist for Linux?!?

Look here: http://www.megasoftw...mega_linux.html
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#5 Felipillo

Felipillo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

This tool http://www.splitstree.org/ is very useful, it's written in java, so you can use in every OS.

Edited by Déjà Vu, 07 March 2009 - 01:11 PM.

Chance favors the prepared mind
Louis Pasteur.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.