• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

New policy on use of personal messenger system

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lab rat

lab rat

Why does a science forum not have pictures of mice and rats?

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

Hi, I just got an error message telling me that I am not allowed to use personal messenger. Could someone help me, please? Thanks.
42..."An immutable fixed-precision number of unlimited magnitude." <a href="http://en.wikipedia....amming_language)" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia....amming_language)</a>, accessed 25June2009.

#2 Felipillo

Felipillo

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

I have the same problem
Chance favors the prepared mind
Louis Pasteur.

#3 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys,

To prevent spam and spambotting (I like this word :angry: ) bioforum I think has introduced stricter measures/policies esp in the use of pm and the paper request features of the forum. Perhaps you can only use them after you've made a certain number of posts. Try to post more and then see.

Edited by casandra, 22 February 2009 - 01:52 PM.

"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#4 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

sorry to send this message publicly, but after the little misadventure from mirfirker, I now cannot see or send messages.

Bioforum, can anything be done?
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#5 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

sorry to send this message publicly, but after the little misadventure from mirfirker, I now cannot see or send messages.

Bioforum, can anything be done?

Hmm....sorry swanny, it seems that you're the third member today who's got the same problem (see Suggestion subforum)...I suggested to post more but you've already got quite a good number of posts..I wonder what could be the problem...

#6 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

We have introduced a new policy to counter PM spamming. Registered members who have made a certain number of posts will be promoted to the active member group. Only active members can use the PM system.

bioforum

#7 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

We have introduced a new policy to counter PM spamming. Registered members who have made a certain number of posts will be promoted to the active member group. Only active members can use the PM system.

bioforum

I thought as much but perhaps you can specify how many is this "certain" number of posts bioforum....over 50?

#8 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,519 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

bioforum

I guess one policy to counter spammers is to keep them in uncertainty about the rules, too? For spammers it might be okay, but for real users hopefully it is not annoying... :)
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#9 BadKarma

BadKarma

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:26 AM

Certain number of posts? How many?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Becket

#10 dersven

dersven

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

OK, I also got spam,... but I simply ignored it.
anyway,...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.