• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

SF9 cell transfection using lipofectamine??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aztecan princess

aztecan princess

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:06 AM

Has anybody transtected SF9 (or other insect cell line) using lipofectamine in stead of cellfectine??

Has anybody expressed successfully a gen (GFP or other) directed by the CMV promoter in SF9 (or other insect cell line) using a virus or a plasmid as a vector?

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

I havn't tried insect cells, but CMV is a mammalian virus, I suspect that plasmids running off this promoter will not work in insect cells.

#3 aztecan princess

aztecan princess

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

I found only one paper where they infect with a virus expressing a GFP directed by CMV promoter, and they say fluorescence is weak but itís there so CMVp is a little bit active. But they donít show negative control, and I see a black background in the positive control (GFP directed by a insect cell promoter), and I see a very green background in the CMV-GFP transfection, what make me think may be what they see is just endogen fluorescence.

#4 mydove

mydove

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

I found only one paper where they infect with a virus expressing a GFP directed by CMV promoter, and they say fluorescence is weak but itís there so CMVp is a little bit active. But they donít show negative control, and I see a black background in the positive control (GFP directed by a insect cell promoter), and I see a very green background in the CMV-GFP transfection, what make me think may be what they see is just endogen fluorescence.

Hope is not too late.
We used to tansfect S2 or insect cells with plasmid under Actin- or inducible-promoter(for example metallotheonein) control.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.