• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

My morning was started with...

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

My morning started with a sleep in until noon. :lol:

:wacko: for your ageing bones? Yup, you need more sleep....meanwhile, I've already gone to hell and back while you're still dreaming in your bed :lol:.....no rest for the wicked, dr H......

You meant no sleep for the hyperactive... :P . Sleep is healthy.

Oh, I'd rest and sleep more when I'm as old as you...sleepyhead... :P ..
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#212 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,537 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

:wacko: for your ageing bones? Yup, you need more sleep....meanwhile, I've already gone to hell and back while you're still dreaming in your bed :lol:.....no rest for the wicked, dr H......

The restless won't become very old :D

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#213 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

:lol: for your ageing bones? Yup, you need more sleep....meanwhile, I've already gone to hell and back while you're still dreaming in your bed :P.....no rest for the wicked, dr H......

only really tired so we take lots of caffeine :D but your strategy's not so bad after all.....you sleep and rest and all this time your bugs have already undergone a full cycle of life and death (but entomology is not my strong suit)... :wacko:

#214 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,537 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

:lol: for your ageing bones? Yup, you need more sleep....meanwhile, I've already gone to hell and back while you're still dreaming in your bed :P.....no rest for the wicked, dr H......

You meant no sleep for the hyperactive... :D . Sleep is healthy.

only really tired so we take lots of caffeine :D but your strategy's not so bad after all.....you sleep and rest and all this time your bugs have already undergone a full cycle of life and death (but entomology is not my strong suit)... :wacko:

The house dust mites in the bed anyway :P

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#215 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

:D and you're missing every milestone or shld I say every minute of it.....gosh, you have dust mites as pets?

#216 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,537 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

:D and you're missing every milestone or shld I say every minute of it.....gosh, you have dust mites as pets?

Everyone has, in the bed, in the pillows, pads and blankets. Perfect environment for them (warm and moist enough, lots of food and unlimited space....)

#217 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

Everyone has, in the bed, in the pillows, pads and blankets. Perfect environment for them (warm and moist enough, lots of food and unlimited space....)

then the more reason why we shldn't stay in bed for long periods of time....ever the entomologist eh, dr H :D ...I prefer to stick to my ignorance....

#218 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

. . with a feeling that I still have so much pending work and more are to be added :)
Simple living, highnot thinking

#219 LostintheLab

LostintheLab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

. . with a feeling that I still have so much pending work and more are to be added :)

That feeling I know! Good luck with your conference this week. :)
My morning started by attempting to scare the crows from the rubbish they thoughtfully strewn over the pavement (They are the biggest scariest crows I"ve ever seen), then turning into a Yeti as there was a sudden whiteout on the way to work and I forgot my umbrella, so I"m steaming nicely in work at the moment with a coffee and some homemade raisin bread....
I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

#220 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

First of all my day, and therefore my week, started well, with me winning 10 CDs in a radio trivia contest.
Question: What links Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" and a space craft taking off? (This could be a new thread...).

Then when I arrived at work, I discovered that none of my SLIC reactions gave any colonies :) :) . Then I saw that the positive control also didn't have colonies, so my reactions may have worked, and the "competent" cells weren't.
Now all I have to do is repeat the transformation step with cells that I know are competent, and I might just be able to sign off on the first part of the project!!!
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#221 toejam

toejam

Guitar Hero

• Active Members
  • 159 posts
Good

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

since this post started talking about rejection i thought about posting this link here i found in the journal of biology:

Are we training pit bulls to review our manuscripts? by Virginia Walbot

and my morning started with lab meetings followed by training. lots of new interesting stuff! :ph34r:
"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth"

#222 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

Morning did start today - though a bit late. :D
Simple living, highnot thinking

#223 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • 333 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

My morning started with:

a question whether I should go to work or not Posted Image

and now I am at work Posted Image

NEW!!!!  Wonder why this was not part of Chemistry class, ever!  on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.