• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

New member introduction

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:08 AM

Welcome new BioForum members,

As a new member of BioForum, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself such as who you are, what you do, where you are from, what your hobbies are, ...

Hope you find this place enjoyable, useful, helpful, friendly.

bioforum

#2 netron

netron

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

I am Jimmy Neutron. I am an old member but new to here. I am from Italy but currently work in the US. It is nice to meet you all here.

Here is a picture of me at work in the lab
Posted Image

#3 Sciurus

Sciurus

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

Ok, then I will introduce myself as well here :)

I'm currently doing my master's in bio sciences at the University of Mnster, Germany. I am working on plant color genetics with focus on evolutionary aspects of genetic changes. But I'm also interested in host-parasite-interactions. I've worked on immune response of Tribolium castaneum and I'll be spending two months in London this year to work on host-parasite interactions in bees.

This forum seams to be very interesting and I think it's great for gaining some insight into other research fields and methodology :)

#4 mutiny

mutiny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hi I'm mutiny. Newbie. Phd in chemical engineering but venturing down the biological and microbiological line.

#5 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi I'm mutiny. Newbie. Phd in chemical engineering but venturing down the biological and microbiological line.

Welcome aboard...mutiny :) ... ....hope you'll enjoy your journey here (really a lot of nice and helpful and expert people here)....btw..do you have any weapons to declare?... we will be watching you..:lol:
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#6 mutiny

mutiny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

thanks!
no WMDs at the moment - but if i find any, i'll keep you all posted :)

ninja mutiny :lol:

#7 Lala

Lala

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:46 AM

hello everyone! i'm an old member, but rarely posted or visited this site, till a couple of days ago, when i was really stuck on some aspects of methylation studies during my studies. and pcrman and mdfenko really helped me out ! they were so gracious in explaining the answer in an easy to understand way :)

i think i will be visiting this place more often ! it seems like a really good place. and quite often when i google up definitions of protocols, the first link is to here :D

i'm a phd student in cancer biology. i'm currently studying for my viva.

ps how come whenever i try to edit "my page" or upload an avator or anything like that, i get an error ? :P B)

Edited by Lala, 19 June 2009 - 09:01 AM.

#8 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,744 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

ps how come whenever i try to edit "my page" or upload an avator or anything like that, i get an error ? ;) :blink:

is the image that you want to upload no more than 20kB and one of these types: gif, jpeg, jpg, swf, or png.

if not then that may be why you are getting that error.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#9 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,321 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

ps how come whenever i try to edit "my page" or upload an avator or anything like that, i get an error ? ;) :blink:

is the image that you want to upload no more than 20kB and one of these types: gif, jpeg, jpg, swf, or png.

if not then that may be why you are getting that error.

Or maybe he hasnt got enough posts?
I remember something that you need to have a certain amount of posts to change or edit your profile. However I can be wrong.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#10 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,744 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Or maybe he hasnt got enough posts?
I remember something that you need to have a certain amount of posts to change or edit your profile. However I can be wrong.

maybe. i thought you just had to be registered to add an avatar and to give info about yourself.

we would need to know what the error message said to determine what is causing the error.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#11 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Hi Lala,

Welcome to Bioforum! You are now an active member, and should be able to edit your profile and upload your avatar.

Cheers!

Bioforum

#12 newbie101

newbie101

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:59 AM

Hi everyone.

i have just started doing my PhD in food microbiology.will be doing work on bacterial attachment properties.

its really a good thing for me to have found this forum. i can see myself making use of it in the future :P

btw, can sombody tell me why i cant access my personal information?it keeps coming out as error. i really want to change my display name and add some personal info.

TQ!!!!! :angry:

#13 clickpopclick

clickpopclick

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hello!

I'm so glad I found this community. It's incredibly helpful.

Anyhow, I grew up in very very rural Arkansas, but am now a graduate school refugee working as a research assistant in Washington, DC. My lab studies mucin biochemistry and gene expression as they relate to chronic ear infections.

I hope that I'll be able to make good contributions to the forum with what experience and knowledge I have -- y'all are great.

#14 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hello!

I'm so glad I found this community. It's incredibly helpful.

Anyhow, I grew up in very very rural Arkansas, but am now a graduate school refugee working as a research assistant in Washington, DC. My lab studies mucin biochemistry and gene expression as they relate to chronic ear infections.

I hope that I'll be able to make good contributions to the forum with what experience and knowledge I have -- y'all are great.

welcome to bioforum, refugee clickpopclick....hope you enjoy your stay here.......you can join the mle in the tech forums way up the page or anytime you wanna just hang out- visit the peaceful community subforums way below (that's where the nicest people are) :lol:....btw, what's up with your display name?
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#15 clickpopclick

clickpopclick

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

welcome to bioforum, refugee clickpopclick....hope you enjoy your stay here.......you can join the mle in the tech forums way up the page or anytime you wanna just hang out- visit the peaceful community subforums way below (that's where the nicest people are) :P....btw, what's up with your display name?

Thanks!

It's been my handle for quite some time, and it's easier to remember the one name than a billion on all the sites where I have to come up with a user name. I like onomatopoeia.

And, hey, eppendorf tubes make that noise, don't they? It's universally identifiable! :unsure:

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.